Crown trade "cream" masonry paint for DIYer

A relative's house was professionally painted about 10 years ago, almost certainly with some shade of "cream" Crown Stronghold trade masonry paint. He now wants to buy some of the paint himself.

Is there such a thing as a colour chart for Crown trade paints, and how might a mere DIYer get hold of one ? The website at

seems to be intended for trade only, although I've ordered some literature in the hope it might help.

This site sells the paint, but doesn't have a drop-down list for all the available colours:

've discovered through trial and error that none of the creamy shades of Sandtex or Dulux Weathershield in the local DIY sheds is a close enough match.

Reply to
RustyCrampon

Colour drop-down is activated and you can choose from the colour range ... Magnolia or White !

Reply to
mailveil13-usenet

> seems to be intended for trade only, although I've ordered some

>> We've discovered through trial and error that none of the creamy shades

I do not know about Crown, but you can get some masonry paint mixed to order:

32K shades, though. Have not checked out all their masonry products but would be surprised if most do not support colour mixing and, within their gamut, matching.

Reply to
polygonum

Scrape off some of the old paint, take it to a Trade Decorating Outlet , either Dulux, Crown, Brewers et al, get them to match the colour.

Be aware that the colour on the wall now is likely to be lighter than it was 10 years ago, so an off-the-shelf paint may be the original shade anyway.

Reply to
A.Lee

Impossible for a a place to carry all the colours premixed. The Dulux Decorator Centers carry white and magnolia all other colours are mixed in store.

After ten years even if you bought the correct shade from the correct maker it probably wouldn't match. As some one else said take along a sample (make sure you know which side is the weathered/faded side) and see if they can match it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The only time I've had a paint "matched" (Dulux) it wasn't even close, and I was simply trying to match a colour they had recently discontinued. I'm still looking at the two tone house opposite that it was used on

Reply to
stuart noble

The three batches of Dulux Weathershield Smooth Masonary paint I've had over the last year or so have all been identical. I was a bit wary at first and they have all come from the same store so same machine...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

One would have thought they would want to shift paint to anyone and everyone as its all money in the bank!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Dman, no pillar box red then..grin.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I certainly have color mixed masonry paint though I cant be sure its Dulux, but I think it is.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

johnstones will also happily mix any competitors standard colours...

Reply to
John Rumm

>>> seems to be intended for trade only, although I've ordered some

I've had Sandtex masonry paint mixed at a trade paint place in the past. They had all the range tintable to your preferred colour, so I went for the rather nice "365 All Weather Masonry" from their trade range rather than the normal "sandy" finish.

Regards, Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud