White gloss paint for hot pipes

Which is a good choice of gloss white paint for central heating pipes nowadays? Some years ago, I used both Dulux and Crown. The Crown all went yellow in a few months on warm pipes.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Car aerosol paint

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

| Which is a good choice of gloss white paint for central heating | pipes nowadays? Some years ago, I used both Dulux and Crown. | The Crown all went yellow in a few months on warm pipes.

Snap on plastic sleeves. When they go yellow, just replace them. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Did mine with Smoothrite last year and they still look terrific. Neither the cheapest nor easiest option, though.

Reply to
Ben Edgington

Would you not be better using radiator paint .I think Hammerite make some . Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

White car paint, as someone else suggested. Not the most practical answer, but it does seem to work.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Does it have to big gloss? The Dulux wood paint is very good on radiators and pipes (IIRC its Satinwood).

Reply to
dennis

Box them in.

HTH

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy

Mine has an exhaust pipe. Do you use biofuel in yours or something?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Nope! ours comes in a tin with a nozzel and is CFC free.

HTH.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I have found Screwfix white gloss radiator enamel excellent.

Reply to
rrh

Possibly not. I tried proper radiator paint once. I suspect it was due to the damp but it began to flake and bubble shortly afterwards on a radiator in the bathroom. (worked OK in the living room though).

I've since used Dulux oil-based paints everywhere with no problems,

Cheers,

John

Reply to
John Anderton

I have had no trouble with using acrylic paints although they are not gloss even the ones that say 'gloss'. The first coat of acrylic paint on bare copper goes mint green.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Stuart typed

We used radiator paint once, but it flaked off in sheets within a few years.

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht