CPC free delivery

Not today...but a little bird tells me they'll be doing the WEBFREE thing as from tomorrow.

That's free delivery on orders over £10.

So some people might want to wait a day...

Reply to
Bob Eager

In article , Bob Eager writes

Ta Bob, as ever.

Reply to
fred

What annoys me about CPC is that they are part of the Farnell Group, but as a Farnell account holder who gets free shipping on any order of any value, I can't get access to their inventory via the main Farnell site. I took this up with them a while back, and was told that although they were part of the same group, they traded as completely separate companies. Well, if that's the case, how come their websites are absolutely identical to each other, and often when I order stuff from Farnell, it comes in a CPC bag ... >:-(

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Just to confirm... the offer is on until 23:59 Friday.

As usual...free delivery on orders of £10 (excl. VAT) or more. Enter WEBFREE in the comments box at checkout. Delivery/handling charge will show at checkout but will be removed later, manually.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Can't you switch your account to Onecall which is a combined front to both?

Reply to
Tim Watts

In article , Tim Watts writes

Don't think running a burger joint counts as a 'Higher Education sector' :-)

Reply to
fred

They are the same website (and Onecall). They just present you with different items. You can't sign up with the same username on both, as you'll find usernames have to be unique across them both.

$ getent hosts uk.farnell.com cpc.farnell.com onecall.farnell.com

83.100.177.198 uk.farnell.com 83.100.177.198 cpc.farnell.com 83.100.177.198 onecall.farnell.com $

and the other way around too.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Owain

I'd rather award an honorary degree to Arfa than eat a rubbery turd burger from that particular establishment but I still think he may struggle to meet the account requirements of Onecall, unless I've been missing another sideline of his. I do try to pay attention but some things do slip by.

Reply to
fred

If that refers to me, I don't run a burger joint - my wife and daughter do. I run an electronic service business, which I've had for over 20 years ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Never considered trying, as I wasn't aware that facility existed. Odd that they didn't come up with it as a possibility, when I asked them about dealing with both companies from the same account. I wonder if it actually works for the 'type' of account that I now predominantly use, which is a corporate credit card, rather than a monthly credit account, which I also have, but rarely use ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

In article , Arfa Daily writes

Calm down dear it wasn't a snipe, your skill set as previously reported didn't appear to include working in an educational sector so I was pointing out your apparent ineligibility for a Onecall account, thassall.

Reply to
fred

No no Fred, I wasn't taking it as a snipe ! I was just a bit confused by the way that you'd put it, and was just wondering if you'd remembered me from when I was doing all the counter and stuff at the burger place, and figured it must be me that ran it, which then didn't stack up with having the Farnell account :-)

Can you believe that last night was its first anniversary ? The counter is still standing, so I guess that I must have designed and built it right ! Still doing OK a year in. Wouldn't hurt for a bit more, but I guess we should be glad that in the current economic climate, we are still able to pry the customers away from their football, to come and buy our wares. Few new flavours of burger and milkshakes gone on the menu, and you can now have onion rings instead of chips. We had to redo the menus so that every single item says "with chips". We originally had it in big letters at the top of the menu and on the menu board inside. We then added a sign on the counter and one in the window, both stating that all our burgers come with chips. And still just about every person that came in asked if the could "get chips with that" or "does it come with chips". I swear that they can't actually read ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I dunno, Farnell sell plenty of chips.

Or do you only sell fries?

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

In article , Arfa Daily writes

Yer right, it wasn't the clearest as I failed to post the link that said only, 'higher education sector' clients were eligible!

Glad the counter is holding up (it looked a good job) and glad the business is doing ok, we're in a similar position here (totally different sector) and I have to remind the other parties that doing just ok is damn good in this climate when others around are dropping like flies.

Agreed, people do not read, the only suggestion I can make it to have a huge pic of one of your burgers with fries in the window and prominent text such as, 'All our burgers come with fries!'. Add one beside the counter and point to it every time they ask, saying, 'they sure do' in the nicest possible voice they can manage after the 50th time. Maybe if the staff make a joke of it their mates will take the piss and it will be the standing joke.

Reply to
fred

Oh wash your mouth out, Darren !! If you were to call my wife's chips "fries", she'd toss you out on your arse. Our chips are just that - nice chunky properly shaped "chips" - we do 'em with cheese or chilli or bacon bits or any combination now, as well. And very popular they are, too :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

A couple of weeks back, they had a kid in who asked how much a milkshake was. "£2.25" he was told. He muttered, and ordered nothing, just hanging around by the counter. He then called them over again, and pointed to a sign on the counter which has a large picture of a milkshake on it, and said "It says on there that it's £1.50 ..." "Yes" they said "But it also says 'when ordered with a burger' " Clearly, he had been able to recognise the picture, and the amount of money, but been unable to read the rest.

It's a sad reflection on the state of education now in this country. One of my daughters is home at the moment, and she has been watching that dreadful Big Brother thing that's managed to resurrect itself on Channel 5. I caught a bit last night, and I couldn't believe just how thick they all were. Not just one or two. Not even some of them. But pretty much ALL of them. They honestly haven't got a clue about anything at all. No wonder nobody wants to employ kids any more.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Lol, fairy snuff. I'm liking the sound of your place I admit.

Put proper syrup cherry coke on the menu, and add gravy as an option on the chips and I'll be tempted :-)

Shame you aren't a bit closer to folkestone!

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

A couple of the usual suspects on here have been in, I think. We don't actually get asked too much for soft drinks, as the main attraction in that regard is the 30 - odd types of milkshake on offer. We do of course keep coke and 7 Up and indeed cherry coke - but only in tins. Gravy on chips ain't popular in this neck of the woods. It's more a curry sauce sort of area. But you can have the homemade chilli on 'em ! Not quite the same, I know, but in the same ballpark ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Gag, retch, barf. Vile, disgusting stuff.

Reply to
Huge