External Door Lock Repair

I need to replace the lock on my backdoor as the catch has broken. The lock is one with a eurocylinder & has rods (shootbolts?) going to the top & bottom of the door.

I am able to remove the cylinder & loosen the lock but cannot figure out how to remove the shootbolts so that I can remove the lock from the door.

Does anyone know how these are connected to the back of the lock & how to remove them?

Reply to
Spart

The Eurolocks that I have dealt with have a long bolt coming from the edge of the door to hold the lock in place. You shouldn't hvae to remove the "shoot bolts".

Reply to
charles

Your question's too unclear

NT

Reply to
NT

A link to a photograph or two would help - while the cylinders are fairly s= tardard the rest of the lock can vary...

Reply to
docholliday93