CPC Delivery times

There was, some months ago, a thread about delivery times for suppliers, including CPC. I have recently placed two orders with them, both using the free 3-5 day service. The orders were in the sub-£50 range. The first order was placed at the weekend just over a week ago, and arrived with the Tuesday post, via Royal Mail; the second, I ordered yesterday afternoon, and it arrived today by courier (UK Mail, I think).

Not bad, to my mind.

Reply to
Davey

I placed an order with them over the weekend, which arrived this morning with my postman. I'd say they're rather slower dispatching these 'free post' low value sales. A higher value order which would have been free anyway would have been quicker.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd like to do some experiments, adding a CR2032 to the order. I think that compels using UPS.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes, that's generally my experience with them nowadays too, I placed a small order with them this week and it came, as usual, next day with their free delivery.

Reply to
cl

I use them quite frequently, usually for small(ish) orders, and haven't had a next day delivery for some time. It used to be the case, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That has been my experience lately too with £10 ish orders. Can't really complain. RS are getting worse. I have a cash account and always used to get next day when they used DHL. The last few years with Parcel Farce is usually

3rd day after an early evening order. Maybe RS don't have an evening shift of picker/packers any more? Used to be 8pm cut off at one time. Again can't really complain with the trivial level of business I put their way now I've retired. Toolsatan are very reliable for next day but don't stock Mosfets (see other thread lol)
Reply to
Bob Minchin

Yes. I'm not going to complain about free delivery and no minimum order taking rather longer than once was the case. They usually have a paid for express delivery if needed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)