CPC free delivery again today (Thurs)

CPC free delivery again today up to midnight (Thurs).

Reply to
Geo

Damn. The only thing in my order basket at the moment are a couple packets of bootlace ferrules, and ordering just that really is taking the piss a bit too much.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In article , Andrew Gabriel writes

I think you're right, they'll stop it if too many people take the piss, only scalpel blades on the list here.

Thanks to the o/p btw.

Reply to
fred

In message , Geo wrote

CPC and Farnell are effectively the same company and on one of the forums that I read regularly the forum members have been getting free delivery on small order from Farnell.

Someone who says he is a Farnell employee has recently posted

[quote] When the 2009 catalogue came out we abolished the £20 minimum order value for non account holders. There is a £5.95 handling charge for orders under £30 but that doesn't apply to orders placed over the website. [/quote]

This is for the Farnell web site and NOT CPC.

The gotchas......

The Farnell web site list products at a more expensive prices The Farnell web site doesn't have the same range as CPC

From the LIMITED number of components regularly ordered on the forum that had the above posting..... If the order is less than £16, and both CPC and Farnell web sites have the same item, then it may be cheaper (including p&p) to order from Farnell. If the order is more than £16 it may be cheaper to pay the £5.50 + VAT handling charge (falling to zero when the order is around £50, ex VAT)

Alan

In message , Alan wrote

and order from CPC

Reply to
Alan

FYI, the cutoff to zero handling charge at CPC is £45 (or was last Monday!)

Reply to
Bob Eager