CORGI engineer required to install new radiator?

Denon, take a step back from this for a moment, and read through the thread. You may see where possible misunderstandings could have formed.

I applaud your desire to get stuck in a do something that many would throw up their arms in horror and say "too complicated". However your post on the subject gave no indication that a number of important steps regarding the work you did were taken. It may well be that you did them, in which case great. However it is possible that you were not aware of the requirements for some of them. In which case, John's post is probably the most useful one you will find in this thread since it encompasses in a few lines enough information to point you in all the right directions.

Reply to
John Rumm

Any one new will have to have a documented work record, there will have to be some paper work involved. Although the assessment centres seem to require not all that much of it.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

not true, our apprentices have been followed all through the college training...

Reply to
ronny

... is your saying you did in 6 hours a job which a skilled and experienced engineer doing the job properly & not cutting corners would have taken a lot longer to do

I've paid for a lot of training and assessments, and got a lot of experience through doing this sort of work for a living for several years. What have you got?

Reply to
John Stumbles

I too am irritated by the assertion that somehow the professionals spin out a job which a relatively inexperienced person can do in a few hours.

The 6 hours is probably the absolute minimum to get a functional system. There will be very many aspects of best practice left undone.

About the only thing that a diyer might not have to do is the paperwork. Making good might be expected from a pro (bricking up old flue holes has got to be part of 50% of all jobs).

Cleaning of the existing circuit, upgrading of the controls to comply with Part L. That alone is a solid days work on most systems.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

That - and making the new hole and making good - took me more than 6 hours. And I had plenty spare matching bricks. But you'd be hard pushed to see where the old terminal was now. Add in plumbing in the condensate drain plus piping up the pressure release circuit took pretty well all of a long day. I'd love to see a boiler change done it 6 hours by one person - unless it was simply fitting an new identical one. I'll bet it's a mess.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)