OT: Google Maps & Security software

Hi

Apologies for this, but can anyone recommend a Group where I can ask a question about a PC problem? I'm having problems accessing Google Maps and I think it has something to do with the security software that I'm using (Virgin, PC Guard).

Thanks PeteK

Reply to
petek

Dump the VM PC guard ie they're a ISP not a software copany,install ZoneAlarm at least it works better.

uk.comp.homebuilt for the newsgroup.

Reply to
George

In article , George scribeth thus

Yep!, couldn't agree more;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Agree with the others, PC Guard is as much use as a chocolate teapot, but without the melted chocolate...

I have links to several free AV programs, as well as scanners, older versions of ZoneAlarm without as much bloat etc on my site (mainly on the second link down from the main page):

Colin Wilson

PS: I use Avast personally, Avira would be a good choice for someone who wants superb protection to the point of paranoia, and AVG would be somewhere below these.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Based on recent experience of PC guard, dump it and install something that works (e.g. AVG).

Reply to
John Rumm

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org...

Who are you calling paranoid?

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

There's a dedicated support newsgroup (virginmedia.support.pcguard) which they do monitor (even if they can't necessarily sort out problems with pcguard)

David

Reply to
Lobster

I wasn't going to say I was talking about you ;-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson