Computer help to connect to internet

I gave this PC away to a guy for his business it is old and uses win xp, I had it working here with a wi-fi (stick)
His son set it up for him and apparently configured as below, can anyone help.
[QUOTE] Hi I need your help ....ma boy set that computer up but he’s got it wired for the internet instead off WiFi .....but every time we try and go online it comes up with this message in the picture .[/QUOTE]
https://imgur.com/lBj4NkO
ss wrote:

Looks like the clock is wrong on the PC!
Well it will be old but that is a simple batter replacement its the size of a 10p piece as I recall. Brian
--
----- -

If you mean replace the CR2032 cell on the motherboard, I agree.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
On Fri, 01 Jun 2018 19:54:10 +0100, ss wrote:

With utmost respect - uh...Duh!
Just read that screen again and do it slowly.
You may then notice that the date and time on the PC is somewhere in 2005 and Firefox is quite correctly complaining that the certificate for Google is not yet in date.
Set the date and time correctly, plus set the clock to use a network time server, and all might be well.
Although Windows XP can be a bit dodgy in the hands of a novice when connecting to the Internet.
Cheers
Dave R

On 01/06/2018 20:03, David wrote:

Thanks for spotting that I will pass it back.
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 20:46:31 +0100

Windows XP is out of support and shouldn't be trusted to connect to the internet (not that it was particularly trustworthy when it was still supported). It would IMO be most unwise to use such an obsolete bit of kit online for anything business-related.
On Friday, 1 June 2018 21:38:42 UTC+1, Rob Morley wrote:

And probably a breach of GDPR to have any personal data stored on it when it's connected.
Owain

ITYM someone else's personal data

Not that, from a legal viewpoint I am in full agreement
tim

Who gives a fuck about GDPR? Anything with GDPR in an email is filtered into my spam bin before I see it. I voted to leave the EU, I will not abide by EU laws.
--
Hello, you have reached technical support.
Please dial 1 to report an issue, 2 to report a challenge, 3 to report a problem, or 4 to report a cockup.

More bollocks.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

On 03/06/18 09:53, Martin wrote:

I got refused access to a Canadian site today on the grounds of 'being in the EU and GDPR'
--
Of what good are dead warriors? … Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump

Which will get a lot worse when we're members of nothing. ;-)
--
*Young at heart -- slightly older in other places

The UK will always be a member of the Commonwealth.

the other members could vote to expel the UK - unlikely but possible.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

or just to abolish it.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

That didn't help Turnip much. ;-)
--
*Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

On Mon, 04 Jun 2018 13:12:43 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

Maybe a Swede would do better? ;-)
--
Definitions:
"Brexicide" -- Destroying the prosperity of the UK by leaving the EU.

or even a worzel.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

On 05/06/18 11:52, Martin wrote: