Computer Bluetooth question

Assuming that your keyboard and mouse are (disguised) Logitech - I note that you say they are HP - then the software at

should find the USB adapters and allow you to share two devices on one USB adapter.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Laptop.

No. It will tomorrow though :-)

I now *wonder* if the Fitbit could have automatically updated via my iPad then the same data appear on my PC because both are looking at the same Fitbit website ???

Reply to
Scott

Sounds possible, but I've never dealt with any fitbits

Reply to
Andy Burns

The way ours always worked:

- watch paired with phone.

- App running on phone and logged into fitbit account.

- Software installed on PC and logged into same above account.

- PC always showing up-to-date progress.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Thinking about it, this probably explains it. Mine paired with my iPad. The PC and iPad I assume viewed the same data.

Reply to
Scott

iPad/phone syncs with watch and saves into an online account. PC software reads from it.

Their hardware & software is not great - we are on the 3rd generation, and it is still pretty rubbish. Very tricky to do the initial setup, but once done it works fine most of the time.

Reply to
JoeJoe

This has not gone according to plan!

I bought a Bluetooth adapter which seems okay. It is recognised by Windows and the 'turn on Bluetooth' message has gone. However, it now says 'Looking for Fitbit'.

The Fitbit itself is definitely okay as it pairs with my iPad. There is a suggestion that it can only pair with one device and I would need to unpair if from the iPad if I want to pair it with my PC. Is this likely?

Reply to
Scott

Does the device within windows give any hint as to whether it does have BLE (bluetooth low energy) support?

bluetooth devices in general can pair with multiple devices, some can only have an active connection to a single device at one time, not sure if fitbits follow that general rule, what if you turn the iThing off?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Now resolved I think by changing the Bluetooth setting to make the PC discoverable. I also updated driver.

Reply to
Scott