Combi Ladders from B&Q

Had a look at these ladders - thinking of getting them -

anyone know if they are cheaper anywhere as I'ma bit of a tightarse (-;

JoeBhoy!

Reply to
J.

I don't know about that particular one - some of B&Q's offerings were rather flimsy when I looked.

I ended up buying this one

am quite pleased with it. It's certainly sturdy enough for my needs.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yeah, I'll second that. I've had a pair of these in the van for a couple of years and they've been great - either as ladders, steps or a work platform (and they ARE sturdy - I'm 17 st + ) Regards, Richard

Reply to
Frisket

I bought that one from Focus DIY in Bracknell a couple of weeks ago - £49 if I remember correctly. I sure didn't pay £81 for it!

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Neither did I. It was a while ago, and IIRC they were on offer....

There were two versions, though. One was quite chunky and has aluminium platforms with red plastic locating clips, the other had more of a fibreboard platform and I didn't like the idea of that so much.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I've certainly got a chunky version. Aluminium platforms but definitely not red plastic locating clips (dark grey as I recall).

Definitely not fibreboard platform.

Diagrams which come with this ladder do not seem to be accurate AFAICT. I can't see how one could have one end of the ladder shorter than the other end, so as to balance on stairs:

XxxxxxxxXxxxxxxX x x x X x X

PoP

Reply to
PoP