B&Q Air Conditioning

Hi,

I'm planning on installing a B&Q aircon unit

have any comments on these whether they are good? Seem relatively cheap at around =A3500.

My main question is can I place the outside unit ABOVE the room unit i=2Ee. the outside unit will be placed on a flat roof. I'm wondering if this has any affect on airflow.

Thanks,

Al.

Reply to
key130

As far as I know the outside unit can be placed anywhere relative to the inside unit.

(Obviously, it needs to be kept upright and well ventillated)

I saw one of these units in operation a few days ago and they seem to work well. They are quite quiet too.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

How far away can the outside unit be? My current (portable) has 6m hoses Is it anyway simlar?

That sounds interesting. We have to switch our portable off at night, cos the compressor is internal and too noisy. If the pipes are long enough I might try a new one.

Reply to
B Thumbs

Hi,

I posted a while back concerning these systems, the external unit fo the B&Q systems must be installed 1.5m lower than the internal unit. I the end I went for a Millenniumair DIY inverter from Global. here is th link

. This cam with full warranty, instruction video, technical support line. Also th unit is flexible in its positioning plus very quiet. Try speaking t Steven, i think was his name, very helpful chap! By the way this pos will get all the air conditioning haters out!!
if that link does not work

-- Hugh

Reply to
Hugh

Anyone have any comments on these whether they are good? Seem relatively cheap at around £500.

Look on eBay as there were recently some Hitachi units going at good prices.

Reply to
Mike

Thanks for the replies.

Global cooling looks like a decent firm that offers help when needed - just what I am looking for. However, their DIY system has left me with some questions such as whether I will need to hire a vaccum pump. ALso, some of the pictures showing copper piping that has been installed - I've never tackled that before. However the B&Q system has one main pipe that hooks up the internal and external units.

B&Q seems easier to install unless I've missed something?

Thanks,

Al.

Reply to
Al

Why?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

In message , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com writes

If this is the same unit that I picked up a CD about from B&Q a couple of weeks back then they state that the outside unit has to be BELOW the inside unit. I have not questioned them about this yet but I have the same situation as you and need it above the inside unit. Check out your local store, they were giving the CDs away and they include an installation video on the CD.

Reply to
Bill

> Anyone have any comments on these whether they are good? Seem

fit an earth pipe instead, more effective, more efficient, peanut sized run costs.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

What's an earth pipe????

Al.

Reply to
Al

The pipe work from Global cooling is soft copper, it can be easily bent using your hands. the vaccing pump is easy to use and only takes an hour, you can set this off while you finish wiring etc.

I would recommend it, B&Q did not mention the warranty, but the blokes at global said my unit was backed by an engineer warranty for the full warranty period. The vac pump just means no leaks, it is simple really and they do flexible lines if thats more your thing but they do cost a bit more.

Look at the benefits of the air from outside and air filter thingy here

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh

By the way - do you know the difference between Easy Fit Air Conditioning Unit 9000 BTU and Easy Fit Air Conditioning Unit 9000 BTU Pack ? There's about £29 difference but I can't work out what difference there is inside the box! Thanks, Al.

Reply to
Al

I think you blow air (from inside or out) through a fairly deeply buried pipe where it cools to the sub-soil temp (8 to 10 deg) and then into your room. Doesn't cool as effectively as an air conditioner but a lot cheaper.

Reply to
Mike

more effective.

NT