Loss adjusters for FIRE claim

Anyone experienced using loss adjusters to help with a fire claim?

The rear part of my Launderette went up in smoke last night, and before the insurers adjuster arrives and disputes everything in sight I am considering using one of my own to fight on my behalf.

Anyone been there and done it?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

It's many years ago, and it was on behalf of my (large) employer, but the loss adjuster working on our behalf was invaluable. He knew the one key item in our extensive stores system that could not be "cleaned and renovated" economically that allowed our smoke damaged items to be scrapped.

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

I've done some expert witness work for a consultant engineering company that acted for the claimant against the insurance company appointed loss adjuster. I don't know what the final figures were but I gather the negotiated settlement made it well worth the claimant having their own representation. If you are north of the midlands email me (round the antispam block) and I'll put you in touch with the company.

John

Reply to
John