Smallest cloakroom basin

Hello, Has anyone already done some hunting around on this one? I am looking for the smallest (depth) cloakroom basin I can find. I have found one in Wickes which is 265mm deep, part of the Aruba suite, but this is £369 for the suite - I'd rather pay up to £100 for a standalone basin.

Does anyhone have any suggestions for other value-for-money small basins?

Thanks, Richard

Reply to
Richard Hamer

Have a look in one of the bigger B&Q "warehouse" branches. The Barcelona cloakroom basin is only 150mm deep.

Details here:

John Rumm

>> /=================================================================\

I think those dimensions are misleading. I would imagine the actual dimensions are width (Left - Right) 450mm, depth (Front - Back) 355mm, and height (Top - Bottom) 150mm. It would be a very odd looking basin at 450 high by 150 deep by 355 wide!

HTH

John

Reply to
John

I've just fitted a B&Q Madrid cloakroom suite, incl all fittings it cost £179 - I can tell you that it's of equal in quality to the average sort of £300 set from my local plumber's merchant. The depth was sometihng around

310mm-350mm if my memory serves me correctly.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

The B and q one I have just bought (within last three months) is 270mm from the wall and 370 wide, the bowl is deep and it uses two taps. from memory it was about 50 quid. if you want any other details just ask.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

This one sounds good - if you get a chance, are you able to look up the details for me? I did have a good look round B&Q warehouse, but probably missed this one. The critical dimension for me is the distance from the wall to the front of the basin, and 270mm sounds about as good as I will get.

I did spot a 200mm "International Standard" one but I think that basin assumes that waste and pipes can be buried behind a wall.

Rich

Reply to
Richard Hamer

You could well be right... this photo is perhaps more useful anyway since it gives you some context:-

John Rumm

Trouble is with these tiddly wash hand basins you can't get your hands in to wash them, especially if there is a tap in each corner. A corner type may give a bigger bowl and be suitable?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Have a look at the Armitage Shanks/Ideal Standard blue book at

If you look under Washbasins > handrinse there are some small basins. The Dorex 37 is 365 wide x 255mm projection. The Handrinse 50 only projects 170mm from the wall, but is partly recessed into the wall. There are probably others on there. You aren't likely to find them in the sheds, but a plumbers merchant should be able to order them.

Reply to
John Armstrong

[...]

For what it's worth, this is the smallest one I found, though I don't think it's so suitable for me as I think it needs pipes etc running behind the wall.

Just 200mm from wall to front of basin, in case this helps anyone else!

Reply to
Richard Hamer

Thanks, this looks useful.

And sorry to everyone for the multiple posts earlier, I think that was caused by IE doing a "refresh" on my posting via Google as I hit the "back" button a couple of times. I won't do it again!

Rich

Reply to
Richard Hamer