Combi 7 day programmer suggestions/advice

Having just moved into a new house, I would like to replace a British Gas branded mechanical timer attached to a Potterton Puma with a room stat.

I want to swap it as I hate the noise it makes! and its a pain to program etc, I've looked at the wires already in use on the 6 terminals N L LL X Y X

LL is a loop from the live L X is not used Y is a yellow wire ;-)

I was looking for a cheap swap that I can do so thought of:

Horstmann C17 Heating Timeswitch

like it will do what I want, but looking at the manual it doesn't want the Live looped as it is already.

Anybody got any other suggestions of units to consider.

Cheers

Reply to
gna03633

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 03:08:25 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk mused:

The loop is just done in the timeswitch to save running an extra wire to the boiler. The loop is generally in the boiler but it means bringing the looped live all the way to stat in parallel to the live it's looped from.

Reply to
Lurch