Reusing gripper rods

The man from the carpet warehouse came yesterday to measure up. At the end he said "Don't take up the gripper rods - they can be re- used". I told him that in the two previous houses where we'd recarpeted we'd been told to take up the old gripper rods. He said it was a waste of money - they can perfectly well be reused.

I don't want to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar (not that the rods would cost anything like a ha'porth) but is he right?

Edward

Reply to
teddysnips

yes he is

Reply to
Stuart Noble

If you do insist on taking them up re-cycle them, put them on top of your fences, keep the blasted cats, and hopefully, the yobs out!

Reply to
Broadback

Assuming they were correctly fitted in the first place and still securely fixed there's nothing to wear out on them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

yup.

They don't cease to be pointy...

Reply to
John Rumm

Well, that's me told. Thanks.

Edward

Reply to
teddysnips

Horrid pointy sharp nasty things.............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Indeed... nasty - especially when a little rusty!

Reply to
John Rumm