Combi Programmer?

Anyone suggest a decent thermostat or thermostat and programmer? Pointless to buy an all singing one with most of the functions wasted.

Reply to
EricP

Just bought a Horstmann digital stat (screwfix ref 17585) and C17 programmer (27967) from Screwfix for my new combi. They are doing a special on the stat at the moment. Works well and was easy to connect. Stat has 5/2 day with 8 temp settings, this works very well and I just leave the programmer set to 24hrs at the moment and let the stat decide when to heat. Might just use the programmer to disable the heating when the house is unoccupied. Bit of overkill having a programmer and programmable stat, but saves opening the boiler cover to turn the heating off when we are out of the house I suppose.

Graham

Reply to
Graham Tavener

Thanks :)

I will have a look at it.

Reply to
EricP

All you do is set the temperature to 10C., no need for a programmer or separate time clock.

Look at the Honeywell CM67 stat/programmer. It optimises, that is you set the occupation times and it wroks out the time to heat up the system. It has a:

- holiday mode, (you set the days away and what temp you want.

- coffee time mode (you set the hours and the temp and when finished goes by to the programme),

- day off mode (similar to coffee time, with days and not hours set), which you can use when you have a sudden day off.

They are available for under £50 from Plumb Center. Well I bought one a few weeks ago at that price. These are "far" better than simple cheapo stat/programmers.

Reply to
IMM

In message , EricP writes

I use Drayton Digistats, 1, 2, or 3.