Cheap and nasty scart cables

Or cheap and cheerful? Why is this so cheap, and what will happen if I use it to connect my freeview box to my telly?

plug to SCART plug, ribbon cable, 0.75m, bag and header by Skytronic

Price: =A31.96

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

A proper SCART cable has individual coax for the video signals and individually screened audio. Many use unscreened cables and you get crosstalk. This doesn't look like it has the screens but it is hard to see. Price is no guide to performance with SCART cables I have bought £1.99 ones that are fine and taken back more expensive ones after opening them up to look at the cable.

Reply to
dennis

plug to SCART plug, ribbon cable, 0.75m, bag and header by Skytronic

Price: £1.96

Normally less than a pound in the trade and perfectly acceptable for short links on normal domestic equipment where they are fitted and forgotten.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

The amazon page does state "Individually screened cable".

Reply to
Grumps

Never had a problem with Pound Shop scarts

Reply to
Stuart Noble