Cheap and nasty toilet seat

Bought a white plastic toilet seat from the well known DIY chain H******e, reduced in price because it looked like it had a dirt mark at the back. It turns out that the paint is chipped and there's grey plastic underneath!
Is this really how they make them these days - recycled grey plastic overpainted white? LOL
"Hooch" wrote:

Sounds like you bought the bog-standard model from the bottom of the range. It was probably made in China where it would be top of the range, so they wouldn't poo poo it. It's an ill wind .....

Is 25 considered bottom range cheap for a bog seat?
"Hooch" wrote:

No, not in my experience, I would expect a mid-range seat for that price. That stinks, you got a bum deal, sounds like a crap seat to me.

No, the really crap one is the wooden one I once bought from Homebase (there was a slae on, and they had a load of these, it was a good price).
When I went to install it, I found it was resealed returned stock. Second hand. With MARKS on it.... Yuck.

No problem. it's going back to the shop on Wednesday, just as soon as the Missus gets back with her credit card.
DIY wrote:

Sht, thats terrible. You poor-s**-layin down your wedge for crap like that.
NT
Hooch wrote:

Dunno. That's what a solid wood one costs from the builders merchant. /

For those of us who pee standing up, it is amazing how many solid wood seats fail to remain upright. Is this due to retro fitting where the original seat was OK?
regards
--
Tim Lamb

Tim Lamb wrote:

yup. A thin plastic seat is further back when opened.
Always install from new with wood..than the pan can be pulled a little forward WRT the cistern..