Double ended fixings

Anyone know where you can get double ended fixings? I'm after ones that have a wood screw at one end, and a bolt at the other. Not large, something like a size eight with a 6mm bolt, or so.

Cheers

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark A

screwfix.com, probably toolstation.com as well.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

But have you actually seen these? cos I havn't.

Reply to
George

Screwfix

Part 16020 but be aware they only have 10mm of threaded M6, not equal amounts as their picture - I would have sent them back but it wasn't worth the bother!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Hmm, the picture looks to be exactly what I'm after, but 10mm would not be enough, dang it!

Cheers for looking though.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark A

Do you mean a wood screw at one end and threaded at the other like a stud. Screwfix sell them and IIRC you can find them in sheds with staircase parts and fittings.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

=============================== Strangely enough the M4 x 40 has 20mm of each thread:

Cicero

Cheers!

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark A

Aren't they called dowel screws?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Would seem so. That explains why I didn't get much from trying to search Screwfix with "double ended screws".

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark A

handrail bolts sound like the type of things you want.. B&Q do them, also in the screwfix catalouge

steve

Reply to
wannabe

Usage varies no doubt, but in my book a 'dowel screw' is a double-ended woodscrew. The item with a woodscrew at one end and a parallel thread machine screw at the other is called a 'speaker screw' - presumably from its original use for fixing loudspeaker drive units into wooden cabinets.

Reply to
Andy Wade