Cheap toilet seat revisited

It turns out that it was made not from plastic but from MDF! 22.49 (reduced from 29.99) for an MDF toilet seat???

Bog seats seem to have doubled in price over the last year. At least the shed ones have.

EricP wrote:

I suppose buttock sizes are getting wider...
Owain

The first bog seat (which was chipped) went back to H******e.
The second one wouldn't sit right on the bog - it was resting on only one of the four supports! I think the hinges were off-centre or something. That went back too.
The third one is much better, although it only rests on the two front supports - I assume because I had to turn the hinge through 180 degrees to get the right position. Turd time lucky!

I was that man. Bought one Sunday and fitted it. I thought it had the solidity and feel of the wood ones without the cheap wood look and dodgy varnish (the MDF ones are "high gloss" finish). I wouldn't have bought one at 30 but took a deep breath and paid the 22.50
As regards the OP, the range of adjustment vis-a-vis bringing the seat forward in modern hinges is large as you can put the vertical threaded pin in off-centre. The MDF one was the same thickness (or more) than the old wood one (which wouldn't stay up and had gone manky). I was able to fit it with off centre pins such that this one did stay up.
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)