Cheap toilet seat revisited

It turns out that it was made not from plastic but from MDF! £22.49 (reduced from £29.99) for an MDF toilet seat???

Reply to
Hooch

Bog seats seem to have doubled in price over the last year. At least the shed ones have.

Reply to
EricP

I was that man. Bought one Sunday and fitted it. I thought it had the solidity and feel of the wood ones without the cheap wood look and dodgy varnish (the MDF ones are "high gloss" finish). I wouldn't have bought one at £30 but took a deep breath and paid the £22.50

As regards the OP, the range of adjustment vis-a-vis bringing the seat forward in modern hinges is large as you can put the vertical threaded pin in off-centre. The MDF one was the same thickness (or more) than the old wood one (which wouldn't stay up and had gone manky). I was able to fit it with off centre pins such that this one did stay up.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I suppose buttock sizes are getting wider...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The first bog seat (which was chipped) went back to H******e.

The second one wouldn't sit right on the bog - it was resting on only one of the four supports! I think the hinges were off-centre or something. That went back too.

The third one is much better, although it only rests on the two front supports - I assume because I had to turn the hinge through 180 degrees to get the right position. Turd time lucky!

Reply to
Hooch