Cant see my own messages

I am not able to see my own messages in newsgroups, have to go to google to search them, am on aol newsgroup server, I also sure that i'm only getting half of whats posted, seem to be missing some threads, any ideas anyone? Tel

Reply to
Tel

Yeah - you're on an *aol* news server.

Reply to
Grunff

I'm surprised it's just the news server causing problems!

Try

Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

I've had the same problem (I'm on Pipex) and wonder if it's to do with the number of headers set to download; afterall, this group has a lot of posts per day, and I often can't see the initial query, when looking at a new thread, but not looking until 8pm or so.

RT

Reply to
River Tramp

I have the same problem as you, being on Pipex also is just a coincidence. Unfortunately the news server is way down an ISP's priority list. Obviously internet connectivity and then emails and webspace servers and other sevices are maintained first and foremost. The news servers are in the 'if we get a minute next week we might fix that' category. The news server @ individual is independant of all that so news is all it does, so it gets a priority service. I haven't got round to using it on this W2K machine but my Linux boxes all seem happy with it.

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

Just an idea but have you inadvertently killfiled yourself ?

Reply to
Soup

No, its funny this message appeared but one i sent previously never, Thanks anyway, Tel

Reply to
take away nojunk

In message , Tel writes

Use a proper ISP?

Reply to
Steven Briggs

I am on Pipex too and occasionally get this probelm - I only see my posts quoted in other peoples replies. however, most of the time things are OK.