Venting through wall for Chimney Hood - 2nd floor

I am installing a Chimney hood in our kitchen in our flat. It will be positioned on an external wall, which is double brick (I believe) with external pebble dashing.

I'm happy with the concept of making the 120mm circular hole for the ducting. I'll either drill and knock out with a hammer or hire a core drill.

Unfortuantly my kitchen is on the 2nd floor and I'm worried about fitting the cover for the ducting on the outside of the wall. I havent purchased this yet but I assume it will have to be attached and made good from the outside (like

.I'm not happy about going up a ladder to fix this into place. I'd rather not have to pay someone to do it or get some temporary scaffolding.

There is a roof terrace above the kitchen which i have access to, the floor of which is about 1m above the proposed position of the vent outlet. The terrace is fenced but I could temporarily remove it.

Has anyone got any good ideas how I could fix the cover from either:

a. Inside the kitchen. Perhaps there's a special type of cover for these circumstances. b. From the roof terrace above the kitchen.

Thanks

Will

Reply to
William Joones

The flu kits with combi boilers now allow for this possibility in that the whole thing can be fitted from inside. The seal against the wall is from a rubber fringe which opens when you pull the flu tube back a bit, very neat idea. Maybe you can get something similar for your extractor flu?

Reply to
BillR

I was thinking of something like that. I know you can get them somewhere because I've used them before, but I can't actually find them at the mo.

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

That sounds like just the thing I need. I can't find anyhting that fits that description on the net. Please let me know if you remember what they are called or a possible supplier.

Thanks

Will

Reply to
William Joones

I think these may do it, you might want to have a look in store first but they're along the lines as far as I can tell.

A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch