venting bath exhaust fan through 2x4 studs

I have a "ventless" bath exhaust fan I would like to replace. It is a wall unit and there are several vertical studs in the 8' distance to the outside wall. This would make it impossible to run the 3" horizontal venting tube. Is there any way to solve this problem. Should I install one in the sealing and cover up the 7x9 cutout in the wall??

Any advice appreciated Vic

Reply to
vic

I have a "ventless" bath exhaust fan I would like to replace. It is a wall unit and there are several vertical studs in the 8' distance to the outside wall. This would make it impossible to run the 3" horizontal venting tube. Is there any way to solve this problem. Should I install one in the sealing and cover up the 7x9 cutout in the wall??

Any advice appreciated Vic

Reply to
vic

Exhaust fans with three inch duct are pretty worthless anyway. Either get a decent ceiling mounted unit or a remote mounted unit

Reply to
RBM

I used a ceiling fan with 3" outlet. Mounted vertical in wall, exhaust comes out the top, fashioned a 3" PVC elbow and then directly through the wall with a dryer vent cover on the outside. Sealed up the joints with some super strength epoxy. Took a bit of sawing, filing and grinding on the pipe but it was worth the work. As the saying goes, necessity is a mother...or something like that.

Bob

Reply to
RobertM

The problem with 3" vents is that there are non that move more than around

70 CFM and non that are made well. If you got to 4", the sky's the limit

Reply to
RBM