Bath exhaust fan

I am looking for a bath exhaust fan. As far as I know there are two brands to consider: Broan and Panasonic. My bath is mall one around 60 sqft. My primarily concern is quietness of operation. I checked Broan has fan which is less then 1 sonar at 80 cfpm. I have Panasonic fan in my basement bath and it is too noisy. I am also seeking an advice what's the best way to root exhaust fan ducts. The bath is on second floor.

Reply to
Sasha

I installed a Broan about a year ago and it is pretty good. If you want really quiet, consider a remote fan that can be located well away from the bath, you can get one powerful enough to handle more than one bath.

Duct routing is very building dependent. Just make sure it is vented outside not into the attic and I suggest that you don't vent it under the eave near any air intake, or you will just have the moist air right back in your attic.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Panasonic has quiet fans. Just compare sones. See:

Through the ceiling, into the attic and out the roof or side wall. Or do you have a more specific question?

Reply to
Luke

I concur with the remote fan idea. We did it in another house and there was no fan noise, only the sound of the air moving. One of my regrets in our latest remodelling is that we let the contractor talk us out of using a remote fan and installed two conventional Broans instead. The regular installation is much noisier than a remote fan. Regards --

Reply to
World Traveler