Anti Siphon spigot and water hammer

I installed a new spigot on an outside faucet. It has one of those any siphon devices on it. When I turn on and off this faucet, I get major water hammer, is there any way to stop this? The was no problem with water hammer on the old one I replaced. I already tried tightening and loosening the bug nut on it.

Reply to
zafdor

It's my understanding that water hammer only happens w hen you close a faucet. So, turn the knob more slowly when you close the faucet.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon