By law?

I'm not registered with my GP's online system, they similarly want photo ID that I don't have to register. Previously the GP was not letting people in the front door, I presume that may have changed by now?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Interesting, as I have been registered with my GP's online system for years, but I still had to do the facial recognition bit.

However, my main point was that the expiry date is a bit of a nonsense, given that I get a new one every time I call up the app.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Yes, at least the ones I've seen are as far as I know. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Blind people have had an issue with this one, but you are supposed to be able to get one from your doctor. Not that it really matters just now. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I can't see why it would be any more difficult to use with a screenreader than other websites, you register with your NHS number, phone number and date of birth, create a username and password, it sends you an SMS to confirm.

It doesn't have any captcha that might be tricky, you end up with a downloaded PDF or one in your email.

Yes, the full ID by recording a video of yourself speaking a security number and taking a nicely centred photo of a passport or driving licence would need assistance, but you don't need to do the full ID (or you'll ave already done it if you use services such as prescription repeats, booking appointments at your GP etc).

Reply to
Andy Burns

Did you examine it to see it actually came from the NHS? Lots of scams on the go.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News