OT. Omicron on Antartica

Do penguins get omicron? The people there have it despite taking shots etc.

Dean Hoffman

Some animals do. I forget which. I think they have been giving a few of them in special circumstances the same human vaccine.

This settles it. I'm not going to antarctica even if my boss wants me to be in charge of the project.

Reply to
micky

Bob,

Studies like this leave off some important information.

1) infection rate (which the study included)

2) hospitalization rate (not included in this study)

3) death rate (also not included in this study)

The study did not "proves that vaccine is working" as you stated. It only demonstrated that jab recipients "seem" to be infected at the same rate as unjab. And in some cases, worse. What you did was repeat a "marking" narrative for the jab.

For a study that does include this necessary information:

Scroll down to page 19 and 20:

Table 5. Attendance to emergency care and deaths of sequenced and genotyped Delta cases in England by vaccination status (1 February 2021 to 12 September 2021)

2) Cases where presentation to emergency care resulted in overnight inpatient admission:

?14 days post dose 2: 4,634 unvaccinated: 6,303

3) Deaths within 28 days of positive specimen date: ?14 days post dose 2: 1,613 unvaccinated: 722

An ex-marketing consultant I use to work for told me the "in marketing, nothing is what it seams".

-T

BS it does. It shows that two thirds of vaccinated people in very close contact contracted Covid, none of the cases severe. And only ONE had a booster shot, which we know is important to have protection against Omicron. In short, the small dataset is in line with what we already know, the vaccines are effective.

Reply to
trader_4

And you, my friend, never give evidence to support what amounts to nothing more than a propaganda narrative.

Not if you look at all that Fauci and many others have said before and after it. Again, in the very next sentences Fauci talks about breakthrough rates. I think it's reasonable to conclude that Fauci meant that the vaccines will not offer great protection, not that they don't offer any at all.

Here is a South Africa study:

The study comes from researchers at South Africa's largest private health insurer, called Discovery Health, and the South African Medical Research Council. In the study, described at a press briefing on Tuesday, scientists analyzed data from 78,000 people likely infected with omicron. Nearly half of them had received two doses of the Pfizer vaccine.

In the population in the South African study, the Pfizer vaccine's effectiveness against infection dropped down to about 30% for the omicron variant, compared with about 80% against the variant before omicron, the scientists reported.

That means the Pfizer vaccine reduces a person's risk of getting infected by about 30% compared to somebody who's not immunized.

And this is the mildest Covid. So all the anti-vaxers, many Republicans, Qanon crazies and the like that claimed it was just a cold, nothing to worry about were very wrong.

Reply to
trader_4

Do you know if it is a strain that can jump to humans?

The commies, which Fauci's funding, got the original Covid virus from animals before they "gain of functioned" it to jump to humans. Covid, not 19, is common in some animals, but it does not jump to humans.

Flu virus starts with commie's duck, they jumps to commie's pigs, then jumps to humans. The Chinese mixed their ducks and pigs. Only a few will make the jump.

This is why the flu vaccine is 0% effective on the flu in the wild. The researchers have to guess a year in advance as to what will jump from the commie's pigs to humans.

So far their the flu shot's track record is about 60% effective against the strain in the shot and 0% against the strain in the wild.

The commies specifically engineered covid-19 to infect humans. This probably protect the animal kingdom pretty well.

But not enough information.

Why do you not way you don't know know rather than such nonsense when asked a question?