electrostatically charged dry sweeping pads

I was looking at dry sweeping pads, as for a Swiffer, and this one says it's electrostatically charged, but none of the others, even more expensive ones, say that:

Has anyone of you used a Swiffer-type sweeper?

Does anyone know anything about electrostatically charged pads/rags?

How come these cheap ones claim to be charged but not the others?

Is there any way to charge a rag or paper towel I already own?** A vandegraff generator would do it, but the cheapest one is is $144. (I thought the one they used for a few minutes in high school was a toy, but it must have been too expensive to be a "toy".)

**I see online some other ways to do this, but I don't have any balloons. You guys have a method?
Reply to
micky

Because they're a gimmick.

I have some acrylic blankets. It doesn't take much to induce them to give me a light show.

Without knowing what rags you already have, it's impossible to give an answer.

I have some microfiber cloths that I bought in the automotive department of my local Walmart-analog. They pick up dust very well and were very inexpensive. Like these:

They go in the washer with the regular towels when I feel they need it.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...