By law?

I've just had an email purporting to come from the NHS telling me that I am now obliged *by law* to apply for a COVID passport!

'By law' ?

Bearing in mind that restrictions are slowly being lifted as the numbers being infected with the omicron variant decline, and that I am fully vaccinated and have had the booster, and that I have never had need of such a 'passport' in the past nor likely to in the near future, and I never understood it to be 'by law' in the past, is this a scam?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I suspect it is.

Unless you are living in Scotland

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I want a SUPER passport from the wee bint as I have had _TWO_ boosters....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

of course!

Reply to
Andy Burns

like to see them sell me one for my nokia 1100

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

can I get a written hard copy ?....bit unfair on us ludites....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

can I not just get it on my desk top and print out the Q thingy code

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Never mind what it smells like, it's fairly critical these days that email users know how to examine email headers and decode dodgy URLs.

Unfortunately, many have had zero guidance on how to do that, and will happily go investigating with the mouse.

Worth getting to know about

and sharing that site with folks that may be vulnerable.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Yes in England, or you can download a PDF, or even get them to email it to you, can't see why Scotland wouldn't be the same?

Andy Burns

Almost certainly. I had a text today saying I can now apply to a Govid passport, at (I forget the exact URL) something like covid-pass-uk.com. I deleted it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Wow, Jim, you should be able to travel the whole world - and be treated like a monarch, too!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I know some Turkish bloke here with a telecoms business who reckons he can do me a moody one for my smartphone for 75 quid. I'm seriously considering it if it becomes impossible to travel otherwise.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Hmm. The printed one I got had a 48 hour use by limit!

I don't plan on flying or nightclubbing this side of October so who cares.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

That seems normal so does mine, I think the "international travel" version is 30 days, but I can't get one of those for $REASONS

Reply to
Andy Burns

The domestic one I have just called up on my smartphone is valid for a month. As I get a new one every time I call it up on the phone, that seems to be overkill.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

stuff that...I couldn't afford the travel insurance ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I'm only "partially identified" as far as my NHS account is concerned, it won't let me be "fully identified" because my passport is expired by more than 12 months and my driving licence is paper not plastic.

All the other forms of photo ID that are acceptable to them are for foreigners, not British citizens.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Of course.

Reply to
newshound

Not so easy on a phone.

Although the standard Win10 tools do offer useful warnings.

Not wonderfully up to date. This page is 7 months old

newshound

FWIW we found that (as advertised) prior registration with our GP's online services by-passed other ID checks.

Reply to
Robin