Built in oven ventilation

I'm thinking of buying a built under electric oven but am wondering where the excess heat goes.

I cant see any vents in the front panel and if it is completely surrounded by other cabinets and has a hob fitted over it, where is it ventilated?

I have read the manual online and there are no instructions about cutting ventilation slots in the worktop.

Reply to
Wesley

if its remotely insulated the majority of the heat should stay where you want it?

they usually have a full width narrow vent along the top edge to waft air over the electronics and then out the front

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Mine has a narrow gap at the edge of the control panel. A thermostatically controlled fan blows air over the controls.

Did you read about the bloke who thought there was a problem with his oven as hte fan ran after he turned it off. Guess what - he used to turn it off at the mains to save electricity when he had finished cooking. What a strange application of logic!

Reply to
DerbyBorn