Built in oven cabinet

Hi all. I'm just thinking about a built in hob and cooker to fit in the corner of the kitchen. Question is, is a 'straight' cabinet set at 45 degrees the only option? or is there a 'corner positioned' cabinet for a built in hob and cooker available?

The 'straight' cabinet placed at 45 degrees would cause a 2 triangles on the sides that would be wasted space.

Thanks,

Arthur

Reply to
Davao

I'm trying to picture what you mean ....Do you mean a cabinet whereby the oven would sit straight in to the corner but there would be additional bits on either side built on ...Presumably the cabinet would have "walls" on either side of the oven so how could you access these additional bits .??? ....If you couldn't access them then you are back to what you are objecting to in the first place ....the only difference being that the triangular space is an inaccessable cupboard rather than just a space . Is it worth bothering about .? Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

He wants 2 cupboard units to sit either side of the oven housing that have

22.5 degree extra shelving one left handed \_| and one right handed |_/ never seen any, make your own from standard cupboard is my only answer.
Reply to
Vass

Thanks, Stuart and Vas

If I decide that I don't want to waste any space, I will have to modify the adjacent cabinets by discarding the bottom piece and cutting another or use the same bottom panel and cutting an angle on it.. Then redrilling the holes for the special bolts. Then I would have to recut the groove for the back panel. Of course I would have to cut it so that the finished front width would be

300/400mm to accommodate a standard door

Anyone else think I'm nuts? :)

Arthur

Reply to
Davao

If you got a 1200mm long corner cabinet and then cut 'the part that normally sits next to another cabinet' at 45 degrees that might do what you want. (If I understand you). The oven unit would not touch either of the walls forming the corner. It would have to stand away from the walls in order to be level with the door on the corner cabinet.

Assuming that you want work tops of both sides of the oven in the corner, you would need two such corner cabinets. 'One left handed and one right handed. - (If not reversible.)

I hope you like DIY carpentry!

Reply to
Michael Chare