built in or built under single oven?

i'm confused by the terms above.
can anyone tell me if i could fit this oven under the worktop, and not
in a full height cabinet?
formatting link

Reply to
formatting link
Whether you fit it in an under worktop unit or a full height unit is a matter of personal preference and kitchen layout. I have never come across an oven designed specifically for one but not the other.
Reply to
Andrew May
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 00:44:06 -0800 (PST) someone who may be benpost wrote this:-
Built under goes under a worktop. Built in may be the same, but is more general as what it is built into doesn't need to be under the worktop.
Reply to
David Hansen
Yes - it will go under the worktop - this is the one I was going to buy for my kitchen. It is an easy for for the B&Q oven housing unit.
Reply to
I'd go further and say that conventionally "built under" normally refers to an oven/fridge/dishwasher etc which stands on the floor beneath a worktop, in between two units; whereas "built in" refers to an oven (usually) which is installed *within* a unit/housing.
Suppliers often don't get it though (eg on some of the online outlets where you can search for appliances by category like "stainless steel" "built-in" "built-under" etc frequently seem to get the terms muddled...
Reply to

Site Timeline Threads

  • Soooooo since no one is mentioning building something I'll mention the POS I...
  • site's last updated in


HomeOwnersHub website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.