Whats occurring?

I appear to have posted a load of religious s**te in response to the Box Extender thread, as does grumpyat@

Andy Burns seems to have posted the same s**te in response to the Polystyrene thread.

It wasn't me & obviously it wasn't grumpy or Andy.

WTF is going on - and how do I get to hit whoever is doing it?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Someone is sporging - IE using yours and others' names to post religous claptrap, they are in Edinburgh and are Virgin customers...tha is, the machine is - it could be a zombie. Ignore it - if it becomes a problem it will get reported and VM will pull the plug.

Reply to
Phil L

Paul Herber

I'm not seeing it, but it must be sporging :-(

Reply to
Andy Burns

It's all over the place, an attack on usenet. All are posted to two groups or more.

Reply to
<me9

Interestingly Eclipse Internet seem to be filtering it out of my news feed, but I see it Google Groups, so it obviously already being caught by some filtration system.

Reply to
Cod Roe

I've reported it to Virgin, but I'd much prefer kicking the sh*t out of whoever it is.

Another use for a Fubar.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

ygm

Reply to
Phil L

I don't think he is..... must be in his fifties if he's a day....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not seeing it here so Pipex must have filtered it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Odd, not seeing it on Plusnet's feed, but can't see it on google either:

John Rumm

Well, it's hardly 'all over the place' because _I_ didn't get it!

Reply to
Anne Jackson

In message , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net writes

So an easy solution is to set your newsreader client to kill all cross-posted articles. :)

Reply to
Si

ITHM YGM not YGM

Reply to
Si

How would one do that with OE6 then?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The easy answer Dave is to switch to a 'real' news client ;-)

However, I'll do a search for you...

Sorry, can't find a reference to how you can do that in OE. :(

Reply to
Si

OK - what's "ygm" then ?

Reply to
robgraham

YGM Yeast Genetics and Molecular Biology YGM Yinggang Motorcycle Co. Ltd (China) YGM You Got Me YGM You've Got Mail YGM Young Gay Male

typ!

Reply to
Mike Barnes

It's a bit of a blunt instrument as not all crossposted threads are spam, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Easy.

Don't use OE6. This is not a serious email or news client.

Try Thunderbird, which is free, or Agent which is better.

Reply to
Andy Hall