Whats occurring?

Ah. *THAT* YGM

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's what Dave was asking for...

Reply to
Si

I'm not seeing it on plusnet (well it's outsourced to supernews) either.

Google seem to be doing some cleaning up, though one religious nut posting has slipped through to the polystyrene thread.

Andy Burns

Actually TB is pretty inflexible in its filtering rules (that said, I do use it instead of my ancient version of Agent).

Reply to
Andy Burns

A 'bot is attacking usenet.

Nothing to be done. Let the ISP's sort it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You bet. All I can see as filter tags is subject, from and date. I'd love to filter out anything xposted to demon.local, its denizens are wrecking uk.local.surrey.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

They leak into u.m.r.bbc-r4 too, not that there's much there to wreck.

Reply to
Andy Burns

56 actualy - 50 is the new 30 though....
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I don't know much about PCs, but on my system there are several free add on filter progs. I'd be surprised if there weren't with Thunderbird.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I hope you didnt mind me saying what I needed to say, it's just that I've seen some horrid s**te happen before, on more than one occasion.

Reply to
Phil L

Turnpike can do that & much more but for non-Demon users is not free.

(redirects to somewhere on
but is easier to remember)

Reply to
Si

LoL.

I just passed my 50th b'day but was recently mistaken for someone who is

  1. (I liked that though wish my insides felt 32!!!)
Reply to
Si

I happened to look at the Thunderbird support forum the other day - from what I understood there is a series of problems. Until A is fixed they can't fix B. Then C. Then they will be able to make the cross-post filtering work (again?). Said wait for Thunderbird 3...

Not good news. I used to use (and prefer) xnews but had problems I couldn't see how to solve. That had excellent cross-post filtering. It does not seem to be actively maintained these days...

Reply to
Rod

Unfortunately the price for non-Demon users has just rocketed to £199.99. No, I didn't type too many nines by mistake, that's two hundred quid. I can't imagine many users shelling out that much, especially as AFAIK there's no free trial version.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Sheeeesh! They really are trying to kill it off. :((((

I'll resubscribe to dist to see what ppl are posting.

Reply to
Si

Not at all Phil, I appreciete it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , Si writes

Yep, it's GBP200 now... & I thought I was crazy. ;-)

Sad, sad, sad. Forget the recommendation folks. :-(

Reply to
Si

=20

MicroPlanet Gravity is a good newsreader. It's free with=20 lots of scope for setting rules and blocking cross posts.

--=20 David in Normandy

Reply to
David in Normandy

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Champ saying something like:

Google for NewsProxy - it's got fully configurable filters you can set up to pre-filter crap, including x-posts, headers, etc.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Sounds similar to popfile which I do use for e-mail in front of agent but haven't figured how to use the nntp module yet, chiefly because I don't follow every thread.

AJH

Reply to
AJH