Replacing a built-in double electric oven

Hi

I am planning to replace an old built-in double electric oven with a similarly sized new one. I have some questions regarding wiring and ventilation.

The new oven is specified as having a total connected load of 5.7KW.

Firstly, the existing oven has its own circuit (supplied by a 20B MCB). The cable from the consumer unit emerges from the kitchen wall and is connected directly to the oven. I presume that there should be an intermediary junction box near the oven. Does Part P require me to get an electrician to do this work?

When a junction box is provided, may I wire it to the new oven myself?

Secondly, the kitchen cabinet in which the oven is fitted has no ventilation. The oven is totally enclosed. The dimensional drawing of the new oven suggests that the cabinet back panel should be open. Is this typical for built-in ovens?

Best regards

David

Reply to
DavidA

What do the instuctions for the new oven say you need for a power supply?

If it requires a 20A supply then you can swap it yourself.

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth