Re: Electric oven - ventilation requirements?

Some have a cabinet fan which draws in and exhausts both from the front,

>so don't need any additional cabinet ventilation. >Some are convection cooled and need a heat exhaust up the back of the >cabinet.

Ours has the cooling fan that blows out the front but the manufacturer's instructions also asked for ventilation holes above and below the (built-in) oven. That said, I have never felt any draught coming from the ventilation holes I cut in the cupboard. HTH

Reply to
Fred

Thanks for the info so far. I've looked at an online manual (but not the same model) and it shows a u nit with ventilation up the back, but there are no words to say this is mandatory. As far as I remember the last cooker we had fitted in a standard unit under the worktop did not have any special ventilation - certainly not a vent through the worktop - but air flow may have been built into the cooker. Google has loads about wiring a cooker, but I haven't found anything about fitting it into the cabinet yet.

I can always add ventilation to the front panel if I find it is required.

The cooling fan on our double oven seems to be to keep the control panel cool, as far as I can make out.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Neither did ours. When we got the new oven I cut holes above and below to comply with the manufacturer's requirements. I'm not sure whey the new model would be any hotter or any more susceptible to heat than the last one; it was a like for like swap. It may just be the manufacturer's lawyers being over cautious. As I said, I thought I might feel heat coming out of the top grille when he oven has been on for some time but I never have.

Reply to
Fred