Light swithching puzzle...

At the end of this post is a link to a sketch of my hall and landing light setup. What I want to do, is replace the double switch on the landing for a single one that will affect both landing lights.

What is the surest, easiest way to tackle this, doing as little rewiring as possible?

Should I wire both the cables at the double switch, into a single switch? Will that work?

Or should I wire the two bulbs together and terminate one of the two cables at the switch, with a chocolate block, and wire the other cable to a single switch?

Here is a sketch:

thanks...

Al

Reply to