Builder? Architect? Who?

Hi,

I live in an apartment in Leeds with a mezzanine level over the main living space accessed via a spiral staircase. I want to turn the mezzanine into to a self-contained room, by adding a glass wall and a door.

Who would I contact to address this type of work? A builder? An Architect? Any recommendations?

Many thanks, Colin

Reply to
colin.j.brown

Grenny Pix?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Is that a cryptic clue?

Reply to
colin.j.brown

Is *what* a cryptic clue?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Well it looks like one

John

Reply to
John White

You might not be able to, if the spiral stair descends into the main living space, as that would make it classed as an internal room, which would have additional fire escape requirements.

A building control officer at the local council, initially. If you then know what you want and how you are going to satisfy Building Regs then an architectural technician or plan-drawer will be able to produce the plans needed for BCO. You can then get builders to quote against those plans.

If by 'glass wall' you mean a glass wall, and not glass bricks, then one of the commercial office partitioning companies might be worth exploring.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

What the hell is Grenny Pix?

Yours, Confused in Leeds.

Reply to
colin.j.brown

Doesn't sound as if one should Google for it...

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The message from snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com contains these words:

And is he/she/it related to the Akond of Swot?

Reply to
Guy King