Alpha CB50 Boiler

I am looking to renew our CH and DHW system, and have been looking over the Alpha CB50 condensing storage combi boiler. Would really appreciate anyones feedback on these boilers, and any alternative suggestions to them.

Some outline information, we live in a 3/4 bedroom semi detached house, i say 3/4 because the loft has been converted by the previous owner and at present is used as a storage room in future we hope to bring it up to current regulations and use it as a bedroom. CH requirement will be for 10 rads approx 40,000btus. DHW requirement will be initially for 1 bathroom with thermostatic shower (used twice a morning) and bath (used once an evening) - would like to be able to add a second en-suite shower at a later date. Also the usual requirements of a washing machine.

As an additional query, should i be considering splitting the CH system into seperate zones? I have read that larger houses require zoning of the CH system-how large is large?

Reply to
rich

For a start its a CD50 (the CB is non condensing) I have just had one fitted and am very happy with it - I now have a 5 bed 3 bath semi with 13 rads I have kept an electric shower for when the boiler breaks down. If you need any more info or want to look at it lmk.

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff