Interfacing an intercom to a pabx

Hi,

I have asked this over on uk.telecom (and in a more restricted sense on here before), but haven't yet got a definitive answer.

I am looking to connect up to what I beleive is an intercom type door entry system so that "calls" can be taken via the PABX and the door unlocked.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

I have "found" a product called a 275 by Videx, but am unsure whether this will do the trick (I have asked them and one of their distributors whether this will work with other manufacturers kit (Fermax), but haven't heard back yet.

Any suggestions anyone?

Reply to
cpvh

are dealers for all the main manufacturer's and I've found them helpful in the past.

The problem is that the door intercoms are not necessarily all compatible. Some use carbon mics and may have voltage on the mic wire, some use dynamic or electret mics, some have AC buzzers, some have DC buzzers, some have an audio call-tone, some have amplifiers in the handsets and some don't, etc...

This all assumes you have a 'standard' x+n wired system (where x is usually 4, and n is the number of flats on the system) and not a digital or coded call system.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Ge a PABX that has this facility.

Panasonic hybrids are about as cheap as it gets in this area.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher