Thermostatic shower mixer and diverter to bath/showerhead

I am installing a new bathroom suite. Low pressure water supply and hot and cold storage tanks. For various reasons I intend to install a thermostatic shower mixer, the output of which will fill the bath. Ideally I would also like a separate shower head attachment for (low pressure) rinsing. Both of these will be entirely separate (physically and plumbing connections) from a (venturi) overhead shower.

I could use a triple thermostatic shower mixer. However my preferred model only has a double mixer (one output) and optional diverters. My question is - is it feasible to use a thermostatic mixer plus diverter on a low pressure system? The mixer is specified to be used on low pressure - and of course will only be used to fill the bath or supply a low pressure rinser. Not sure of the difference in flow rates/resistance between triple thermostatic mixer and double mixer plus diverter....

Reply to
Matthew Barnard

What sort of head height and pressure are you actually getting at the bathroom supplies?

The mixer you need is a dual flow one, like the type that allows you to lift a plunger on the tap body and lets water out the shower riser.

I think your making things to complicated, going by your description anyway, and an easier solution should be planned. The more you complicated the job, the more problems you'll have.

Reply to
BigWallop