BT Humax HD PVR.

Anyone else have one of these - part of a good value BT TV package some time ago?

Mine has just done a total software update without asking. Completely different menu, etc. Instead of just the prog name etc on the recorded side, now has thumbnails of each prog. Making it slower to find what you want.

Could be people just can't read plain text anymore - and just have to have a picture.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm thinking of binning our Humax as it no longer receives BBC or ITV iPlayers. Bloody annoying.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Possibly you have it set to install automatically OTA firmware/OS updates.

I suggest you try uk.tech.digital-tv

Reply to
Robin

Yup. Maybe should have done this.

:)

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

If they can do that, then why not add speech and just do away with on screen menus completely. seems to me that the more complicated things get the less reliable they get. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yep, flaming nuisance, My box was actually purchased from a shop "free of tie" and still got it. It has been a phased rollout over a coupe of months.

Pushed by Youview rather than Humax.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk posted

The later Humaxes have the same buggeration. Earlier ones (PVR-9000? we had) had simple text lists and *much* better user interfaces.

The single most irritating thing is the programme guide. Upcoming programs are listed in horizontal lines on the screen, one line to each channel. In the leftmost column is the channel designation (BBC2, Yesterday, etc). But instead of the designation being in text, they've used the channel logo, which at that size is usually illegible. Sheer stupidity.

Reply to
Handsome Jack

Looks before functionality. All too common.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)