boris

Boris Becker was released from prison on Thursday morning. The BBC understands Becker will be deported from the United Kingdom. A Home Office spokesperson told BBC Sport: "Any foreign national who is convicted of a crime and given a prison sentence is considered for deportation at the earliest opportunity."

.............unless you are black or an illegal immigrant whereby the home office are suddenly understaffed and overworked sudden efficiency can be found if you are not diverse or black enough

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

Let's be honest - if the government had got his money they'd only have wasted it.

Reply to
John J

The prison service drove him to an airport where he boarded a private plane, he's gone.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

I'd forgotten about him, what did he do? I'm not sure you are correct with your views. I just think that high profile people are news and hence everyone wants rid of them. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Had to declare bankruptcy after a failed venture of some sort but hid some of his assets from the insolvency service.

His real downfall was not joining the freemasons who would have nobbled the criminal justice service on his behalf.

Reply to
Andrew

Yes, it's striking the contrast this case highlights. Boris will be alright though. He'll be able to flog his story about life in a British prison to Bild or some other Kraut red-top and he'll be rolling in it once more.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom