Karcher - motor still runs if handle released

Surprisingly the Karcher pressure washer survived the winter in the wet garage.

On turning it on the motor pulsed on/off about 3 times and remained fine - but the motor does not turn off with the handle, the motor runs continually.

Anything obvious to start with?

Reply to
js.b1

Pressure switch is buggered, prolly frost damage. Which model?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Karcher 432M Super.

I take it the pressure switch is in the main body, not the lance?

Reply to
js.b1

Correct. Page 26 here.

be the clip (5) has come out.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That does sound quite likely. I knew I should have taken the "hoop" & hose off and stuck the body under the stairs for the winter :-)

Many thanks for taking the time.

Reply to
js.b1