Bill Wright

My dad had the similar 28 years ago. Industrial cancer. And he got the bag. He was about 60 when he had the treatment, he lived until he was about 86. It was not the cancer that took him down.

All the best.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

+1
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Ah - bad luck. I'm being treated for BC at the moment with bits of dead cow, but no knife so far.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sorry to hear that, Dave. I was under the impression it was eating bits of dead cow that gave rise to that in the first place.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I have a work colleague of mine who was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He was one of the first patients to be operated by a robot called Da Vinci.

The cancer was caught while it was still all wholly within the prostate gland so none of the extra gubbins had to come out so to speak.

He finds he cannot drink more than a pint of beer without getting stomach ache so he does not drink as much as he could before.

All the best!

S.

Reply to
stephenten

Mine wasn't the robot, but it was last year. Latest version of the laser treatment, holmium laser. Carved out the innards and I was home the next day.

Now I can take long car trips (and have long sleeps) without having to piss!

Reply to
Bob Eager

For Brian, Bright colours (or even colors) are thought to be best.

Reply to
Andrew

That has just made me think.

Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own Desert Island Disc list for everyone to see?

Reply to
ARW

...not forgetting the book and the luxury item

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I've been trying to work out how one could signal ones demise. I guess most significant others have no interest or knowledge of Newsgroups. Gaps in posts eventually lead to polite speculation as with TMH recently. Some sort of auto posting a revisable obituary? The trigger mechanism is beyond my technical competence.

I too am on the prostate cancer watch list but no treatment deemed necessary as yet.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Last one would be obvious - an angle grinder.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thank you. But it just means my physique matches my personality...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes, well livening things up can be good and it can be bad. To be honest I'm a bit of a pest at certain social functions when I get bored. And I'm easily bored.

The other day I was at a family party when the mother of a young relative of mine asked if I would help her son convert a van into a rudimentary camper so he could 'tour Europe'. Now the boy is typical of his age and type: he has a non-job in the public sector and is rather extreme left/liberal. I have a reputation in the family, unaccountably I'm sure you'll agree, for being rather right wing on certain issues. The boy and I don't get on too well, purely as the result of his failure to accept my wisdom. Realising that others were tuned into the conversation I said very graciously that of course I would help the boy to convert his van, adding, "As long as he paints a big swastika on it of course."

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Ha! Thank you! It's a case of practice makes perfect I think!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Good idea.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

One with solar panels?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

No - if it worked, it would no longer be a luxury item. ;-)

It would just be something you fondle as you drop off to sleep under the stars...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

can't we update it to video too.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Rather frustrating though, fondling something that doesn't work as you drop off to sleep.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I'll do mine after the weekend and start a new thread unless someone does it before then.

I certainly know what my book and luxury item is.

Reply to
ARW