Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

He was a couple of hours ago ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I did read that he was a poorly.......

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Yes I'm doing all right at the moment, and I'm touched that you asked. My next cancer check-up will be March or April. Meanwhile I'm extremely active, with every day filled to the brim.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I think that most of us more or less sleep-walk through life. So, there is that positive aspect.

I wish you, sincerely, all the best.

Reply to
GB

+1.
Reply to
harry

as apposed to KO I guess. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

And I too, growing older can be a bit of a pain really. However life goes on until it stops. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

What did they chop out?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Best wishes from over here as well.

Dave R

Reply to
David

I was named on a DS1500 Nov 2018 and am still doing OK ATM so it may not be all bad.

Yes you have to do things you enjoy rather than do boring work.

Best of luck.

Reply to
invalid

Sorry make that Nov 2017.

Reply to
invalid

+1
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Good. So not prostrate, then? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thank you. The trials and tribulations we're had since 2002 have made us realise that life is for living. I'm carrying on now just as if I was twenty years younger and completely healthy. I'm doing all sorts of worthwhile things; helping out with care of the grandchildren, DIY at the kids' houses, and making property improvements that will increase the value of the place for when the big share-out comes (I'm assuming that neither of us will need long-term care). What's the alternative, actually? Just sit at home and watch television and wait to die?

Meanwhile every day is full to the brim. Today I spent some time preparing a planning application, then I went on the school run, then I cooked a meal, then I had a snooze, then watched an hour's telly, then I spent 90 minutes painting my new hen house.

My dad was my role model. He remained active and productive until in his nineties he because too frail to do much. From then on he restricted himself to jobs that could be done in a wheelchair, with occasional periods of standing. Together we made a slide for the kids and he painted it. I have pictures of him pruning apple trees from the wheelchair.

Dad and I had one thing in common: every job had to pay; either in money terms or in other benefits.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Ohh lots! The prostate and all the nearby gubbins. It's left me a bit peculiar in many ways!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Ah yes. A mate of mine had that.

I know what you mean.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sorry to hear it Bill

Reply to
harry

Hope it's at least partially sorted. I went through soem of this a couple of years ago (Holmium laser therapy).

Reply to
Bob Eager

Sorry to hear about all this. Your presence livens up this newsgroup. Your knowledge of your subject is insightful. I think you would be a useful guy on a desert island. I hope the medical side of things is successful.

Reply to
Scott