Ping Bill Wright

Bill, I have a Triax multiswitch in the loft with eight feeds to carry TV, FM and satellite into eight different locations, each of which terminate in a triplexer something like

and I'm thinking of adding a feed into a further room but am looking for the easy option.

I could change one of the current runs to the new location but it involves running a cable across two separate lofts, down the outside of a wall and then through it into the room. Probably the simplest option, but crawling about in lofts and hanging off ladders lost its appeal a long time ago.

The only other option I can think of would involve taking a 'spur' off one of the existing coaxials either as it drops down the outside wall or from where it enters the triplexer (I assume I can't do anything to get all three signals back from the front of the triplexer and then 'share' them). Would a 'spur' be a possibility? I somehow doubt it.

Is there another option?

Thanks!

Does the new point require satellite, or just terrestrial+FM? If the former then "spurring" won't work. Do any of the existing satellite equipment have a "loop out" and could you extend that to the new location, but you'd only be able to use it when the existing equipment at the mid-point was off and looping the signal through.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks, but the new point needs all three and the existing satellite box is too far away to use the loop...

Oh well, A larger multiswitch and some crawling in the loft then ...

Reply to
Andy Burns