Best buys at Lidl

I have a theory that you could open a restaurant serving ready meals from supermarkets (unknown to the mug punters) - and if you hyped it up enough - it would get rave reviews.

Think about it - find a really trendy up & coming area, plenty of bullshit, pretend you were always busy and only accept bookings 10 days in advance, hype up the descriptions of the meals - make a packet - all on snob value.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

The make was S&K. A decent make.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt, the make was S&K, a decent make. I inspected the tools before buying. I know good tools, while you don't and go on price and label.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You did.

It isn't.

So, in your eyes it must have a designer label and be lit from 8 sides.

Matt, with you it does as your Little Middle England mentality takes hold.

** snip Matt digging a hole for himself **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt, that is one way of looking at being ripped off. You must love being fleeced.

** snip Mattisms **

They are expanding.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt, that is the case, they have Little Middle Englanders like you labelled.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt would be in there every 10 days.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You clearly don't understand the concepts of quality or of presentation.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You had better ask Matt about that.

Personally, I believe in value for money. My criteria for value are rather broader than yours.

4.5% this year?
Reply to
Andy Hall

Doctor Drivel

No, some of it is stolen. :-)

If a job's worth doing. . . .

My attitude is that if I can't afford to buy a quality tool, I will get someone in to do it who *has* the right tool. I did this with my kitchen worktop. It was done for a third of the price of the correct tools. I already have a cheap router and it was obviously ridiculous to try using it.

Because the tool needs to be fit for the purpose. Cheap stuff can be inaccurate, unreliable and sometimes downright dangerous.

With no disrespect intended, your use of cheap tools will be apparent in your work quality.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Often, Lidl power tools are made in Germany and are of good quality.

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

A lot of people have got rich from selling to idiots who think if it's expensive it must be good quality.

Reply to
Bob Martin

I'm with drivel on this one.All Lidl power tools are very well made. probably 90% of the hand tools are worth buying too.

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

96% of the buying public are clearly very foolish! It's not surprising that UK retailers take advantage of this!

Some goods Lidl sell are branded goods. They are consistently 30% cheaper than the IDENTICAL branded goods in other supermarkets.

People such as you are always moaning about "rip off Britain" but then aren't willing to take advantage of discounted stores. Clearly you are happy to be shafted by the retailers. I'm not, however..

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

Yes.

Also, the fact that the stores have people queueing outside when they are running specials must indicate something..

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

Which is more than other supermarkets..

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

Indeed. Our local Lidl sells venison, goose, duck etc..etc (Seriously!)

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

You paid £140 for something made by Skil? Guffaw!

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

Next Thurs Lidl have some tool specials:

£25 circular saw is "excellent".

Also next Thurs, Aldi have a 24v hammer drill from £25. It has a Johnson motor, so of good quality.

tools 3 year guarantee as usual.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel