Central Heating Header Tank.

Should water recirculate thru the header tank ?

I ask as I was up in the loft last night and every time I could hear the boiler fire up for the heating, what looked like a overflow pipe starting trickeling hot water into the header tank.

Is this as it should be or is it yet another problem made for us by the Yeehaa plumbing company ? (remember the plumber who got caught pissing in the flower vase, he installed our boiler)

Reply to
Geoff

No. Definitely not. Never.

It is pumping over. The waterfall will absorb oxygen from the air and acrry it into the system where it will corrode the inside of the radiators.

It needs sorting out promptly. If you leave it, it will become new radiators, powerflushing and still need sorting out. I couldn't suggest the best way of doing this without examining the installation.

Reply to
Aidan

NO

Try reducing the pump speed but if this results in loss of performance of far-flung radiators put it back. It may be possible to simply extend the loop of vent pipe so it is higher and hopefully the trickle will not be pushed over the loop.

Reply to
John